The Institute’s Nine Steps to SuccessTM a framework is the basis of the course, where the emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned, and best practice. Small-group exercises are used for each step in the framework to reinforce the lectures, and YOU are encouraged to bring your organization’s strategic planning material to share with the class and receive instructor feedback offline as time permits. Topics covered by the course include:
- Basic concepts of the Balanced Scorecard and how it can be used to improve your organization’s performance
- How the Balanced Scorecard applies to different types of organizations
- How to build and implement a Balanced Scorecard using the Institute’s award-winning nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and targets
- How a scorecard system can drive your performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to get performance information throughout the organization to better informed decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organization
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- How to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
BSI & George Washington University College of Professional Studies (GWUCoPS) - The Balanced Scorecard Institute The Balanced Scorecard Institute, a Strategy Management Group company provides training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organizations in applying best practice in Balanced Scorecard, strategic performance management and measurement, and transformation and change management. Products and services include public and on-site courses, facilitation and consulting services, and information and tools used by executives, managers and analysts to transform their organizations into “performance excellence” organizations.
Certifications are offered through BSI & The George Washington University College of Professional Studies (GWUCoPS).
Alan is a Balanced Scorecard Institute Senior Associate and a UK-based management consultant and trainer who has focused his last 17 years’ experience on the Balanced Scorecard and its practical application within strategy execution programmes.
After a successful career with a major London-based bank, Alan began a second career as an independent consultant/ trainer in 1996, having already achieved 3 years’ experience of leading an early BSC programme within his former bank. As Alan describes it – “when we started the BSC in 1993 there were no consultants, trainers, text-books nor conferences on the subject. We just had the initial Harvard papers and a lot of initiative and enthusiasm. It’s a great way to learn.”
One of Alan’s special areas of interest is applying the BSC to SME organisations – requiring a streamlined, timely and practical approach compared to text-book major project case studies.
Alan is often described as bringing a pragmatic no-nonsense approach to his consulting and training assignments. He has a particular interest in ensuring that organisations make best use of their scorecards.
|Date||Early Bird 1
|Early Bird 2
|17 Nov 19 - 21 Nov 19||USD 4995||USD 4495||USD 5495|